Three Amigos

A group of Egrets fishing in the early morning light in a tidal pond near the Delaware Bay. I was struck by the reflections of two facing each other and the one looking away.

Technical Details

500mm, ISO 800, f5.6, 1/3200 sec.

Sure can see why this scene caught your attention, Bill. Yes, the reflections are lovely. Very nicely seen.

1 Like

Wonderful reflections! I think cropping from the top about 2/3 of the way to the heads would emphasize the reflections more. I wonder if there is a way to salvage the bright whites a bit, especially in the middle bird? Often easier to say than to do, though.

This is an interesting capture. I like that the three birds are not looking the same way What does it look like in B&W?

I like the poses of the three. The image asks the question of maybe a young bird the pair have raised or perhaps a rival suitor.

The background is so subtle and hardly noticeable until I looked at the bigger image.

It would be interesting to see if you can get a little more detail from the whites.

Diane, Thank you very much for the feedback. I tried cropping a bit as you suggest and bringing down the highlights on the birds. Attaching a revision. Thanks you. Bill

Thank you Marian. I tried B&W but had trouble keeping the darkened background, which is more apparent in the color version. Thanks, Bill

Thank you Glenys. I did change the crop and brought down the highlights on the birds as suggested. I appreciate your feedback. Bill

Thank you Linda. Bill

1 Like

Better, for my taste, but Iā€™d maybe go not quite this far ā€“ whites and blacks are so sensitive to incremental adjustments.

And on the crop, I like the room on the sides in the OP ā€“ Iā€™d just crop from the top. The birds feel crowded now.