Touch Down Spring

Discovered this unique grouping while hiking . All comments welcome. Pentax k30, 100mm macro 1/80,f8.0,iso 640, tripod mounted

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hello Mike and welcome! I to am new to the group and share interest in same subjects. Hey very nice lighting on your image it really brings out the colors of spring. Spring light is special and helps us show our subject off. I do like the branch in length with it being our eye fro either top corner of the frame down and into center. Keep posting I will look forward to seeing more.

First of all, I would like to say welcome to NPN, Mike. What a great first post! Nice details in the plant, as well as a vey nice smooth background, which helps make the subject stand out. I don’t know if you have any extra room at the top, or able to do content aware, but it would be nice to let the top right bud have a little more space. Looking forward to more of your images.

Hello Michael, this was my first post, thank you for taking the time to comment.Thank you.
:slight_smile:

Hello Shirley thank you for your comments. Stay well :grinning:

1 Like

Mike, welcome to NPN. This is a fine look at young leaves, with excellent details and colors. My one thought is that because of the elongated shape of the stem and leaves, this would work well as a vertical. This says “early spring” very well.

Mike: Welcome to NPN and thanks for a fine first post. Good find and a fine capture. Of course this could also be a field goal so I don’t know to award you 3 points or six :thinking: :wink:. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more. >=))>

PS: I deleted the second image as it looked identical to the original.

welcome to NPN Mike and that is a fantastic photo image. I love the framing and how the two larger ends with the smaller center appears. Hiking is always a good way to come across a unusual subject. Great photo!!!

Thank you Mark, I think you are correct. It would be better in a vertical layout. Thanks for your input.

Hi Bill, I guess I will settle for a score :slight_smile: Thank you for deleting the second pic. I am not sure how I did that and I could not figure out how to delete it. I am not too agile around the computer. Thank you it is great to be with this group :))

Hi Dean it is great to be with this group. Thanks for taking the time to comment :))