Close up bud

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Shot out doors with the woods as a background. tripod mounted k30,100mm macro lens,1/180,f10

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.Instagram user M.Alan Kimpton

Mike, this is a very nice and up close look at this bud. I like how the background is completely out of focus, and allowing the bud to stand out so well. Very nice details in the bud. I like the composition. You might could pull down the highlights just a little, but not much. Certainly not a deal breaker. This is a fine image, in my opinion.

A very nice straight forward shot. I really like how you picked a nice clean bg with complimentary colors. Very sharp photo with lots of detail. You may consider a slight lighting of the two black spots by painting over them with a very soft brush using a bit of the bg. I also like the diagonal view.

Shirley and David, thank for your insights I appreciate you taking the time. Happy you like my photo. :slight_smile:

Mike: Nice simple and effective comp IMO. I like the color in the bud and the BG is a fine complement. Great to have you posting here and looking forward to more. >=))>

Many thanks Bill, I have learned a lot in a short time from all of you :slight_smile:

Mike, you have excellent detail and colors in the young leaves. Do you happen to know what the plant is? You might have gone in closer to fill more of the frame, but the trade-off is depth-of-field.

Thank you Mark. I think this may have been Maple sapling, I found while walking , I am not sure. They were at just the right stage :slight_smile: