Touching distance

This image resonated with me during lockdown as I felt that it was a metaphor for connecting despite having to stay apart.

Specific Feedback Requested

Does it meet the brief for this week’s challenge?

Technical Details

1 Like

That is very well done Alan. I like the starch contrast between fore and background. I like how you chose to align the trees.

1 Like

Very striking image Alan. My usual inclination would be to crop out the little branch at the top but in this case I think it helps to bring back some of the organic chaos of nature.

1 Like

Wonderful image Alan. I’m enjoying the juxtaposition of curved and straight elements. The verticals make me think of bars blocking true connection. I thought the same thing as Andre regarding the URC. I think I’d try cropping and see what you think.

1 Like

Alan, this is a striking, graphic image. Part of me wonders about cropping some of the white on the right, but the longer I look, the better I like the off balance comp. The small branch in the corner adds a nice touch of complexity.

1 Like

Thanks Cameron.

1 Like

Thanks Andre. I’m in two minds about the little branch at the top left. I realise that some might find it a distraction, but I think that it adds to the “quirkiness” of the image.

Thanks Jack.

Thanks Mark. I do prefer the subject to be slightly off-centre.

I’m enjoying this more and more each time I look at it. YES to the offset and, after living with it, yes to the small branch in the UL. I’d love to see this printed ten foot square!

1 Like

Thanks John - much appreciated!