Transitions

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G @ 160mm, CPL
ISO 200, 1/400 @ f8
Denali NP
Somewhere near the Polychrome Pass area from the park road. I was drawn to the bright tundra fading into the misty BG. All comments welcome. >=))>

2 Likes

This is wonderful, Bill. I like how my eye goes to the foreground peak and then realizes that there’s so much more. It’s the same kind of visual experience as Tony’s post and I find both of them entrancing.

Bill, I agree, the glowing tundra grabs my attention and then lets it wander through those many layers of very sharp peaks fading into the mist.

The image conveys the quiet majesty of the place, and its many features.
I wondered if the layers theme could be accentuated a bit, so I fiddled with the image to attempt that

1 Like

Nice layers from front to back. The Golden warm tones of the tundra really stand out well and set off the darker layers towards the back of the image. If that is fog in the background over the farthest peaks, it adds well to the mood of the image.

the colors work beautifully together here and the layers sweep my eye smoothly down the valley :))

It’s an impressive and expansive view from the road at the Polychrome Pass area and you captured this angle quite nicely, Bill! These mountain peaks are quite small compared to Denali but quite impressive in their own right. The alpine tundra in this shot makes a nice base for the scene. Lots of layers for the challenge also!

I’ve not heard of this Pass. It is very beautiful. You’ve really captured the grandeur and majesty. Stunning view!