Tundra Transition

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G @ 250mm, CPL
ISO 200, 1/80 @ f8
Wrangell St Elias, NP
Doing some Lightroom clean up and reorganization and came across this image from our trip to Alaska in 2017. On the road to Kennecott in early September. All comments welcome. >=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Beautiful canyon shapes and color. I like the kind of high key look, too. This one works quite well for me.

I like the patterns and colour transitions. No nits from me

Nice. The comp works great to my eye with the mountainsides converging into the valley. I also like the color palette.
:vulcan_salute:

I would love to visit this NP one day. This is gorgeous, Bill. Definitely my kind of scene. I can see a little bit of a blue cast to the entire image but it’s quite artistic and it evokes the tundra feeling. If there is anything I would consider pulling out just a tiny bit more detail on the bright green vegetation on the left half of the image near the bottom.

Bill, this is really nice, I love the way you composed the diagonal lines here. The blue cast also adds to the image to my taste. Sort of reminds me of Iceland, with those rich greens. No nits from me, this is nicely done.

This is sort of a Death Valley composition except that it’s in cool hues rather than warm ones. I don’t know. I find the composition rather common but that’s just my opinion.

Nice find Bill. I’ve been doing some necessary clean up myself and it’s a rabbit hole of sorts. Past trips come flowing back and it’s fun to relive the emotions of being there. This image really does portray the awesome scale of Alaska. Hope to make it there one day. Well done.

Nice composition. I did find the colors too washed out for my taste and I added a simple curves adjustment.

2 Likes