Tree legs

During the end of the winter this year I visited the park Alnarpsparken, a short drive from home. The park is situated at the castle Alnarp. The park has around 2,500 different tree and shrub species from every continent and is one of the most biodiverse parks in Sweden. The species richness is no coincidence, cause the park was created 1859–1880 in relation to the new Agricultural Institute of Alnarp, opened 1862. Today situated in the castle and surrounding buildings, there are faculties for gardening, landscaping and agriculture sciences of the Swedish University of Agriculture.

When strolling in the park, I moved into the middle of a large bush tree to see if I could get an image and then found these tree trunks.

Specific Feedback Requested

For me it is most important that I like the images I show to others. But sometimes you come up with images that you like very much one day, and the next you don´t. This is such an image, hence I have been sitting on it for a while. Finally, I made up my mind and decided to post it. Interested in to hear your opinion on the image!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
The fifth leg placed in the LRC originally where not up to par so I blended in a part of leg four to bump it up. I have also cleaned up the image somewhat by removing a few branches on the ground.

f/8, 1/5 sec, ISO 400, 17 mm (34 mm eqiuiv.), Olympus 17 mm lens, Olympus OM-D E-M1 camera (mft system), handheld

You should be getting paid by the Swedish Travel Bureau or equivalent - your description of the castle gardens makes me want to book a trip. Actually, I’ve had Sweden on my travel radar for a while now and your pictures are pushing it up the list.

This is a treemendous image (groan…yes, I had to go there! :grinning:). The placement of the trunks is so strong and harmonious. I noticed the similarity of bark in the two trees you used for the composite, but put it down to nature. I’m seeing a difference in detail between the trunks and the ground…not sure if you manipulated that in post, but I’d try bringing up the clarity & texture in the bark and reducing it in the leaves and sticks. Just an idea. The blacks seem a tad light in the bark. Playing with that might bring this image up to even greater heights. Love it.

Ola, really like the elements of the design of the shot, very strong. I also get a sense of movement. Good tonal range also. Nice image.

Really well seen Ola, it its a very unique and interesting perspective that you found here. The B&W processing looks great, As @Mario_Cornacchione noted, I really like the tonal range you have here. I’m not sure why you are unsure about this image, I think it has a lot of impact. I’m glad that you chose to share this with us.

The tree trunks almost look like the feet and legs of some bizarre five-legged elephant. Or maybe that front one is the elephant’s trunk ??

For me it is most important that I like the images I show to others. But sometimes you come up with images that you like very much one day, and the next you don´t. This is such an image, hence I have been sitting on it for a while. Finally, I made up my mind and decided to post it. Interested in to hear your opinion on the image!
Shoot, I feel that way about all my images LOL.
I certainly wouldn’t have any doubts about this one. The concept is well thought out and the comp and B&W conversion are excellent.

Laughing as I type because of what @Michael_Lowe said…Shoot, I feel that way about all my images LOL. Yep, me too. :slight_smile:
I am quite enjoying this image Ola and think that your composition is perfect. The spacing of the tree trunks gives the viewer a perfect perspective. This image reminds me of the curved aspen trunks in Colorado. Very whimsical and full of intrigue. Wonderful image Ola!

@Mario_Cornacchione, @David_Haynes, @Michael_Lowe, @Ed_McGuirk and @Kris_Smith thanks for your kind comments and support!

I should not get paid, I copied the description from their homepage!

Thanks for your advice, here is a rework.

To me they also looks like legs, hence titled tree legs instead of tree trunks!

This is absolutely so cool.
your rework really nail it.
Really like this one

Thanks @joaoquintela.