Tree Nursery

The setting sun lights up rows of young trees in a nursery in South Korea last December.

Specific Feedback Requested

I brought up the contrast to emphasise the colours and textures. I used an open aperture to de-emphasise the details, but perhaps everything is a bit too soft? I only had my birding lens with me.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D 7100 + Tamron 150-600mm @150mm - 1/250 f7.1 ISO 1250 EV + 0.33

OOOH cool. What a great little scene. It is soft, but the point is the colors and the linear patterns not the detail so I don’t think that matters. Since it is an agricultural scene, the fence at the top may speak to you, but I’d crop it out and just leave the plants and the walkways. Looks like Koreans are avid gardeners. Are these mostly native plants or a mix of imports as well?

Really good, Mike. Great light, colors, layers and patterns. Excellent entry for the challenge.

Nice repetitive lines and color. This would make a interesting 1000 piece puzzle.

Wonderful, Mike. Love the perfect rows of textures and colors. Yes, perhaps just a bit soft, but I do think this softness emphasizes the challenge. Nicely seen and captured.

@Kris_Smith Mostly local, but some imports from China and Japan. I personally don’t go for these evergreens, but they are always planted around graves, as well as in many gardens and parks.

Mike, this looks great. The “lines” of colors and shapes marching up the frame show very well. The sharpness looks fine.