Tree Swallows at Home

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Nest boxes near the headquarters of Finley NWR, where our photo club met up Saturday for a group photoshoot.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts appreciated

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4TC at 700 mm

You have captured some great moments here …it looks like the middle one is posing for Angry Birds which is amusing. The details in the nest boxes are wonderful as are the BG and overall colours. I really like how you have cropped each presented these as a triptych. To be picky, the boxes seem a bit sharper than the birds so a bit distracting on my 24" monitor, but I think would print well, eg 5x7 (I hope that makes sense). Great technique to catch these in action as I know they are not sitting still for you!

1 Like

All three are excellent swallow images, Allen, and I really like your triptych. The placement of the three shots relative to one another works perfectly. I also love all the moss and lichen on the houses. That house on the ends is a whole lot fancier than anything I’ve ever built!

1 Like