Trumpeters in the Fog

A very cold and foggy day at a Pacific Northwest Refuge

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

David: Formation landing that would make the Thunderbirds proud. Love the atmospherics and muted color palette. Most excellent. >=))>

1 Like

A nice action capture with strong mood, David. I was wondering how you got enough shutter speed to stop the action on a low light and foggy day, especially since you must have had a fairly small aperture to get them all in focus. Then I looked at the large version and am guessing the ISO was quite high! Would like to see the specifics though.

Yup, iso 2000, 100-400mm plus 1.4 X, f8, 1000th, Fuji XT-3 (which I had for a short period of time; returned it because it had focus problems)

Beautiful. Such a graceful image.

David, how nice to get the group landing positioned so well across the frame and be able to include the two already on the water. The foggy atmosphere adds a fine sense quiet.