Tundra swans and RP

This is a large crop, 20% of full frame. Unfortunately these magnificent swans don’t get too close to the road at the wetland preserve. I like the colors and the grouping of the birds.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi David, Nice placement of the swans in the frame and good separation between them. For me personally the bright foreground is a bit distracting. If it were mine, I would probably desaturate it a bit.

I agree way too sat, but here is RP

2 Likes

Lovely shot of these birds in their environment. The repost is much better (i.e. more natural) imho. Cheers, Hans

Lovely shot. I really like the composition, the environment and no over lap. Repost looks good.

Nice catch of the formation flight! And a lovely environment. I like the idea of including the FG, and like the RP. The ones down here also stay well back from the roads.

Nice capture and good timing to get a pleasing wing position and separation. The re-post seems more natural and it’s nice to have both the foreground and background elements. In the largest version it looks as if there may be some cloning artifacts and some haloing around the swans in spots.