Turkey Tails, Trametes Versicolor

It had four years since I was able to hike the McCord Cr trail because of the Eagle Cr fire. I didn’t know what to expect or what I would find. There were lots of downed logs with lots of shelf fungus growing on them. I am not sure they can be considered flora, but here they are.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, 100mm macro, f/29, 1/250, iso 400

It certainly is flora - if it grows it goes as we say.

I’m a terrible person to hike with because I photograph a lot of mushrooms. These are so terrific. A nice grouping and I like that you’ve oriented them edge upwards. Was the scene naturally this dark? It looks natural, but you could probably brighten things a bit and not lose any detail.

Wow, don, this is so cool. The colors are spectacular. I like the saturation of the colors. Glad that McCord Cr trail is now open again. I’ll have to hike it later this spring. Well done.

Thank you for your comments. I have gone back and forth with lightening the subject. I tend to like things darker than most photographers, That said, when I looked at a print I made, the subject was a little lighter than the image posted and I liked the print.

Looks familiar! You submitted this at the NPPNW meeting. I happened to be one of the judges in plant life. I don’t recall the exact score, but I had it in the 80s. Now, I can tell you “in person” what a great image it is. Love the colors and patterns.