Twilight Time

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The sun has set below the horizon - in this cranberry bog - and the color is quickly changing from warmer tones into the cooler pastel range ,producing an abstract pattern around the lily pads.

Specific Feedback

all comments are welcomed

Technical Details

Canon 30D 70-200mm lens @f/11 125th of a sec.

6 Likes

Very peaceful, James! The color shift add extra interest with a nice mix of warm and cool tones.

Lovely image, James. I really like the way the lily pads and the reed stems interact with the soft cloud reflections.

Beautiful image. I love the cool tones, the pinks and blues, and the abstracts that the color, lily pads and stems make. I wouldn’t change anything.

All said above – lovely and peaceful and interesting! The horizontal format adds to the quiet feeling. Wonderful colors!

I am loving the mix of warm and cool tones in this lovely scene, James. Looks like the perfect way to end the day!

Beautiful scene of rather mundane subject. These scenes are always tricky for me, but you nailed it. The lighting and editing is really nice.

I would like to thank ever one for their comments, and yes , this was a challenging subject with rapidly changing light.

James, I’m seconding everyone’s comments on this wonderful image! I have just one thought: the brightness of the upper left corner keeps drawing my eye — you might tone it down just a bit. Otherwise, I’m envious that I wasn’t there! Beautiful!

This is really beautiful and calming, love the colors.

The only thing wrong with this image is that it’s not mine. :+1:

Michael, thanks for the comment. This bog area is in the Pine Barrens located in NJ near McGuire air base and there is a fantastic bog area near by filled with bog plants of several varieties