Twin Lakes, Beartooth Hwy

This is cropped (to about 3 wide) from a 4 shot panorama, looking down on the Twin Lakes from near the Beartooth Highway. (R5, 24-105 @ 24, 1/400 s, f/16, iso 800, tripod)

Mark,

A grand and beautiful view. What’s interesting (and effective) to me is how the far mountain range is presented as part of a long panoramic, which it is and appropriate for those mountain peaks. But as one drops to take in the rest of the mountain landscape, lake and rugged terrain, the lower 2/3 doesn’t seem like a long panorama anymore, but a straight single frame. I’m probably not making any sense.

Only suggestion would be to perhaps burn down the LR quarter or so - like you had a vignette, but not all the way around. Not so sure if I would go as far as cloning out the summer snow patch on the left, but it does draw the eye (which isn’t really a bad thing either)

Excellent mountain landscape.

Lon

@Lon_Overacker the closest sections (lower right corner slope and along the bottom) were about a full stop brighter than everything else in the raw file, so I had burned them down. (I’m scratching my head on the optical reason(s) for that…) Looking at what’s here I agree that a bit more burning-in is needed.