Twin Perfection

Sunlight eventually breaks through the thick mist hanging over Loch Rusky in the Trossachs and frames the two pale blue wooden row boats with a golden aura. Any post processing of the scanned image immediately becomes apparent as an imperfection of the smooth transition of tones in both the sky and water so with the exception of a gentle sharpen, nothing else was done to the image.

4 Likes

Peaceful and lovely scene. Well seen and captured. Would make a stunning metal print.

A lovely image, Ian. I’m a big fan of fog and mist and this one works very well. I really like how the sun spotlights one of the boats.

Mist? I’d call that fog where I’m from. Ian, this is wonderfully simple and positively beautiful. And I very much like the dark mood and glassy smoothness. I was going to describe it using the word aura, but you beat me to it. This is also a good example of rule of thirds comp. It’s really interesting how the gentle reflected sunlight bounces back to the LH boat. Granted I may be biased, but a sailor with a lifelong career in the marine profession, this is magnificent.

Ian, this is quite mystical and very painterly. In fact it reminds me of a hyper-realism style of painting that was mastered by the Croatian artist Frane Mlinar. I would print this quite large on metal as previously suggested. Well done!

This is so pleasant to view. So peaceful and serene. I really enjoy the experience of viewing this wonderful capture. Very well done.

Excellent, Ian. I just love this image.

Outstanding image, Ian!! Simple, elegant and stunning, with wonderful light and a dreamy mood. Lovely.