Two Rocks

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

An oldie but a goodie. Took this in 2006 at Garden of the Gods with my first DSLR. It was my first winter trip to Colorado and I had a wonderful time here and in RMNP. All comments welcome.>=))>

Technical Details

Sony A100
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 100, 1/60 @ f16

1 Like

Beautiful complimentary colors going on here, Bill. I’ve been to the Garden of the Gods many times when we lived in Colorado. The rock formations are incredible. Great vertical perspective and very nicely done.

Bill, excellent use of the vertical wall here. As well as the moon sphere too… :cowboy_hat_face:
Our assumption is of course the moon is a solid rock sphere and not made of cheese… :thinking:

1 Like

Bill,

I love the simplicity of this photo. Just three elements, and three colors. Yet they work together so well the photo keeps my eye glued to it.

Bill, I agree with Youssef. In addition, the verticality of the view adds a lot to the feeling of soaring infinity.

Bill, perfectly composed, nice colors, and great placement of the moon, which is just big enough to accent the wall and not draw too much attention.

Lovely colors, Bill. I like the extreme placement of the moon along the far edge. It’s extreme, but you still left it enough room to breathe.