Under the Dogwood

Fascinated by the support structure as well as the fall colors of Dogwoods I found this canopy illuminated by Smokey diffused sun. I am curious as to all of your thoughts.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all Especially cropping

What artistic feedback would you like if any. Any and All are welcomed

Pertinent technical details Olympus E-PL7 12-40 f2.8 PRO ISO 400 / f6.3 / 1/15 Sec

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below. #ig @KenHebert5

This is a stunning image. Beautiful! My nit is that the lower left, with the concentration of greens and the brown something (?) distract from the rest of the image. I tried a square crop, getting rid of that segment, and fixing the two bright spots in the lower right/center. Give it a try and see what you think. I’m not sure it’s better, just different.

Love the brilliant colors and I like the branching structure as well. I would agree with Tony and could see cropping away much of the left hand side to remove the darker green and the brown area and concentrate on the great colors in the rest of the photo.

Reminds me of a stained glass piece of art. Glad you saw the potential in the colors and shapes. Nice image!

This image caught my eye immediately Ken. It’s gorgeous. I also agree with Tony about cropping out the greens. But overall a beautiful fall image. Nicely done.

Beautiful image with gorgeous color palette. I like the dark branch spreading out, keeps the flow in line. Agree with other on cropping the bottom left corner.

Thanks Tony I looked at the square crop and go back and forth. I like the position of branches in the crop I did but not sold on that.

Thank you I loved the colors too. I appreciate the feedback.

It did remind me of the stained glass when I was making the picture.

Thank you I really appreciate the input

Thanks for your input and I do love the branching.

Ken: This is a color junkie’s delight. I did a small crop to eliminate a lot of the green on the left and also dialed down the exposure a little as the yellows are blown a bit. Well seen and glad to have you posting again. >=))>