Valdez Bow

This is the closest I could get to grassland photos. It’s salt water grasses on the tide flats of the Valdez Bay, Valdez, Alaska with a background of a large rainbow. At the base of the mountains, under the rainbow you can see the town (if you look at the large version). It was bright sunlight where I was but still raining on the other side of the bay.

Technical Details:

Two horizontal photos stitched. Both frames: Sony a6300, SEL1670Z @ 24 mm, ISO-100, f/8.0, 1/250, hand held.

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

You have captured one of my favourite weather moments when the distant sky is stormy and grey, but the sun is shining giving the most beautiful of light. I think you have captured that light. Of course, the rainbow is the icing on the cake!

I’m uncertain what the brighter objects in the sky are? Hang-gliders perhaps? They tend to draw my eye a little.

Gary, the salt water grasses show very well in the sunlight. The full rainbow and mountains in the distance make a great pano. I’m a fan of salt water grasses.

Love the full rainbow, Gary. This is awesome.

Thank you Glennie! If you click on the small image it will open up the large version in which you can tell that the bright spots are seagulls.

Thanks Gary. I did open the large version of your wonderful image. I can see the smaller bright spots are seagulls. It’s the bigger, sharper “seagull” that seems just a tad too bright or sharp. Of course, in my opinion.