Varied Thrush

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I think I’ve seen more Varied Thrushes this winter than in the last ten years combined. I like the background on this shot.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4 TC at 700 mm; 1/800 at f10; ISO 6400

1 Like

I agree Allen, it’s a very nice background; very smooth and subtle. I like the pose you caught with his head slightly turned and a little catchlight in his eye. His coloration goes well with the BG too. Fine capture overall.

1 Like

Gorgeous bird and a gorgeous background, Allen. I’m jealous. I only see them when we get enough snow for them to come to the feeders, which we didn’t have this winter (at least thus far).

1 Like

HI Allen, what a beauty…love the coloration on the bird and the details look good. Nice pose too. Pleasing BG. I could see darkening the brighter areas on the perch. A fine catch of a striking bird.

1 Like

This is a really nice image Allen. I love the colorful BG, which matches with the colorful and nicely perched thrush on a really good perch. I know I am being too picky with this, but there seems to be a strong line in the salmon colored BG right in front of the bird that keeps catching my attention. You might want to smooth that out just a touch.

1 Like

I too love how that BG complements the striking colors of the thrush. Super shot -(though I agree with Ed’s small point about the line).

1 Like