Very Old White French Door

White

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 100, 24-120 at 50 mm, f8, 320th, D750, handheld

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

David, very definitely a white door. This needs to be viewed large to appreciate the details in the paint. The scattered areas losing their paint keep my eyes moving. The hook & eye closure is a fine extra bit.

David: Well seen and composed. Old structures like this make me wonder what they’ve been through and what has passed through them and then imagining what they were like when new and the attitude of the owners at that time. :+1::+1:>=))>

That’s a different take on the theme, David! Good job with the capture (exposure and details are excellent). It always makes me think about the history associated with an old door like this one.

I love old buildings like this with cracking paint. The dark door slot is a bit domineering. I would raise that black as much as possible without making it look ‘muddy’.