Waiting

On a fine autumn day when there is a weather change coming.

What technical feedback would you like if any?All feedback is welcome, especially about the church I moved to the left.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?All feedback is welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques: I moved the church next to the mill a bit to the left

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A painting of the old masters, Ben. The scene, the clouds, the light, it brings back ancient times…
Beautiful. The shift to the left of the spire seems a good decision, to me.
Although the shore is level, the image appears a bit tilted. Maybe the camera wasn’t parallel to the shoreline and making it horizontal inadvertently introduced a small tilt? The spire, however, seems to be vertical.
I love the image as presented, but would like to see it with a little more shadow detail as well.

Ben, what a great composition. As Han mentioned, reminiscent of an old master. I would be tempted to print on canvas. It is the kind of scenes I hope to see when cycling in the Netherlands next April.

The level aspect didn’t bother me but if the shoreline is level, the end of the field is not and vice versa. I’m not sure how I would address that. I find my eye is distracted by the light objects in the foreground - window frame, fence something in the field. Darkening those and opening the shadows would be a consideration. But as is it is wonderfull. You have a knack of capturing great light.

Ben,

The light in the sky is both wonderful and dramatic. For me, I too would like more detail in the structures - if anything because the windmill occupies quite a bit of space. I think as a silhouette, it works pretty well, but the blades aren’t position well enough to make the silhouette the best. Not sure if I’m making sense.

As far as the landscape horizon tilt, I think having the water level is more important and I didn’t notice the landscape right away. I’m thinking you could do some transform work to get both straight.

You didn’t say why you moved the church - I’m guessing it was to close to the windmill? Well, whatever you did and however it looked before, it looks good as presented.

Lon

@Han_Schutten, @Craig_Marvil, @Lon_Overacker, Thank you all for your valued comments.
This image was handheld. And in PP I made the waterline straight with the"perspective crop tool". I think that is the reason why the rest seams to be not level Although, if I look at the mill and the houses in the background they look all straight to me .From this I learn to be a bit careful with that “perspective crop tool”.And Lon, indeed the church was moved because it was much to close to the mill.