Waiting

Night-Heron-copy- copy.jpg

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

One of those moments when you stumble onto a pleasing image and the bird was vert content and didn’t seem to be at all disturbed by my presence .

Specific Feedback

any and all are welcomed

Technical Details

Canon point and shoot

Interesting that you can’t see the perch or the ground, so there’s no sense of place. The details in the bird arre very good and the negative space in front fits the scene well.

Let’s hear it for the Canon point-and-shoot. There is nice detail in the feathers and the eye seems sharp. I took my Canon point-and-shoot with me on my first trip to Africa. It did the job.

To me, there is definitely a sense of mystery without the context of place. It’s maybe a little disconcerting, but not necessarily in a bad way. It’s interesting that the bird is so sharp and clear but there’s hardly anything else visible. It definitely caught my eye.

I love this mysterious image with the feet obscured in the general fog around the heron. It leaves the viewer unsettled in order to question their perspective. Is the bird landing, settled, fishing, etc. Even though the heron takes up a large amount of real estate, it still feels a little like a minimalist image. Well done.