Wall Art

I found this scene in a Utah canyon. It struck me as abstract art, anchored by the reality of the plant.

D850, 70-200mm

1 Like

Harley, the mix of colors and lines looks great. The green shrub does an outstanding job contrasting with the rocks. My only question is, “Is that big ear in the stone (upper right) eavesdropping on the shrub?” :laughing:

Harley: I see the ear too :grin:. Marvelous scene that also shows the tenacity of life. I’m always amazed to see some of the places where plants get a foothold. Top notch shot. >=))>

Harley, ear and sideburn. This is one of those scenes that I will certainly pass by. When I see images like this I realize the things that I have been missing. The only suggestion I will make here is to reduce contrast on the diagonal crack/crevasse near the LLC. I will not clone it out since it looks like a jawline. I just think it could carry less visual weight in the image.

Really enjoying the color variations in this one Harley. I love that blue in the URC mixing with the oranges and dark browns. I see the ear but it looks to me like a question mark asking what the heck is a plant doing up here???
Super well composed, and tack sharp. I could probably walk past this a dozen times without seeing this an I envy you that can see things like this in the landscape.

This really looks like ancient ruins to me. My first impression of what Mark points out as an ‘ear’ looks like one of the hidden doors to the ancient world of Moria. Beautiful capture.