Wall Decor

For me, this one is as much a graphical abstract as a look at survival in a harsh environment. I was drawn to the cracks and how their lines interact with the tree and bush shapes.

D850, 200-500mm

Harley,

I see what attracted you to this scene and I think it is a very interesting study of the details that make up this uniquely beautiful landscape. I like your handling of the colors as well. My only struggle was with the crack running up the right side of the wall, it is quite prominent, but as I looked at the scene longer I decided it was better with it than without it.
Well done!

Harley, one of those views in nature that amazes me every time I see substantial foliage seeming to grow right out of rock formations. This one adds an additional spin with the overall variety of foliage. Another very fine southwestern scene… :+1:
I could see this one in a bit of pano view also… :thinking:

Another excellent one. Perfect processing IMHO. As you say, life will find a way.

Hi Harley! Very nice intimate scene well captured. I love the tenacity these plants show to survive.

Well done!

There’s so much to enjoy in this photo Harley. The colors, lines and composition are spot on. What intrigues me the most are the trees growing out from the rocks… such determination and a will to survive. The other spot I noticed was the irregular formation of the rock just below where the tree which is growing at an angle. Very curious to me, I think the tree is making a statement. Something to ponder. Great image, very nicely done.

This is another beauty, Harley! At first I was going to suggest a little crop from the right side, but I found that I like the visual tension of that vertical crack to much to lose it. I am enjoying the warm color palette in the scene along with those wonderful textures in the rock face. My only suggestion would be to clone out the small section of different toned rock just left of center along the bottom edge. Minor stuff as this is wonderful.

This is a bit more subtle image than your recent posts, but no less interesting. In my visits to red rock country, I’m always impressed by how tenacious these trees can be clinging to the cliffs. I think you r image does a great job of telling that story in a clear, and effective way.