Water Design

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details: Photo taken with Canon SX50,F5.6, 1/160 sec., ISO 400

Waterscapes are a favorite subject. Each have unique designs, colors and textures. I always appreciate any and all feedback. So please honestly state your opinions regarding your personal impression, impact, comp and any technical info that would improve the image. Thanks in advance.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
3 Likes

Wow, what an intriguing and unique image. I’m not sure what I’m looking at (kelp?) but those wavy strands make for some great lines. Processing looks good.

Dave. It is a fall reflection in a pond. The lines are reflection of tree branches above the water.

A real mind bender. Beautiful and very creative. Love it!

Patricia,

This is fantastic! Wonderful abstract of nature and terrific waterscape. Like Dave, certainly wondering what I’m looking at - my first thought was the wake of a water moccasin… or something like that. Very intriguing in deed. Love this.

Lon

Patricia,
This is wonderful interesting scene! The strong leading line gives just enough structure to this abstract! Well seen and the processing looks spot on to me. One nit is that I wish for a little more of the copper reflection in the LRC of the scene. Nothing to be done about it though. That 's just me, still beautiful as is!

Really fascinating and colorful abstract. Those serpentine patterns and warm colors are wonderful. I’d be curious to know if you shoot these in burst mode, such that you can review a number of them for favorites.

Very cool image, Patricia. I had no idea what I was viewing a reflection of. This has some lovely colors and diagonals.

Patricia - very nice indeed! Like the others, I couldn’t tell what the lines were either. The image kept my attention longer than usual as a result. The orientation of the reflecting branches really works as does your effective capture of the motion in the water IMO. Beautiful warm light.

Thanks to everyone for your input. Bill, I don’t remember whether it was set for multiple frames per second. This particular image was taken with Canon Powershot SX50. Normally, when using the Powershot for taking these reflection shots, I set it in the sport icon mode. When using my DSLR I set it for multiple f/p/s.

This is wicked… such cool idea. My only real critique is the water (especially the lower right) is a touch gritty. I’d be inclined to soften that with reduced clarity or blur to keep the focus on the wonderful sinuous tree. Love it though…

Really interesting reflections Patricia, they look like snakes swimming beneath the water.

This is epic. Killer shot.

aF

It works for me, great abstract!

Sweet! Really good eye to see this. No nits here. Print it!
–P

The lines really make this reflection shot much more intriguing. Beautiful work.

Water is a favorite subject of mine, too! This one steals the show with the vivid autumnal color pallette. Nice sinewy lines- just enough to draw the eye and add interest rather than chaos. Good to see a post from you.