Water Lilies galore

There are two large but shallow lakes at the Patuxent National Wildlife Research Refuge, with one of them hosting a large collection of native water lilies. This refuge is an oasis of nature surrounded by the Maryland suburbs of Washington DC. This is a 20 shot stack to get front to back sharpness.

4 Likes

I love the textures of this image. I wish we had these pretty pink graceful native water lilies here. We just have the clunky yellow ones. I like how the focus stacking worked here. Something I have yet to get to work. This motivates me to keep trying. I think the flowers are well-spaced in the image as is the dark clump of leave sticking up in the flowerless area.

Nicely seen and recorded Mark! That stacking works really well and worth the extra effort. Having many of the lily pads with their edges up really adds interest and dimensionality to the image. The pink ones are infrequent up here in CT.

Mark, this image is outstanding on all levels. The excellent stacking has provided a perfect coverage on the overall repetitive water plant flotilla…very nice indeed… :+1:

Very nice pattern image. The contrast between the pinks and greens is great.

Water lilies galore indeed, Mark! I may have to head down that way for some water lilies if Longwood Gardens doesn’t get their major renovation done in time for the blooms. Great job on the focus stacking BTW.

A wonderful photo image, Mark. I love the pattern and how well the stack did.