Some vain trees

The shining water surfaace

Shows their foliage

Specific Feedback Requested

all feedback is more than welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

4 Likes

Wonderful. So inviting and just a little bit mysterious. The slice of bank looks almost like it’s water leading back into the frame. But then I realized it wasn’t and the water curves on the right. Would love to put my kayak in there and explore. Such beautiful light.

1 Like

So peaceful, Ben. . . a place I would want to spend the day.

Beautiful scene with some incredible light, Ben. Well done.

1 Like

Lovely image. I especially like the way you handled the differential lighting. I also liked the range of values you were able to squeeze out of mostly one color.

Beautiful! I’m drawn in trying to distinguish the trees and ground from the reflections. A very interesting composition!

Very mysterious. It’s so hard to tell where the reflection begins and ends making for a scene that most people could probably spend a while looking at. You handled the brightest spots really well and the greens look terrific and real. The composition is well done.

Interesting image in that it’s hard to figure out what is real and what is a reflection. In fact, at first I wasn’t aware that there were any reflections, which resulted in a totally different reality. But now it all makes sense and I’ve settled down.

Hi Ben,

I had a similar reaction to Igor. In fact, I’d call this one a mind bender! What didn’t help is the new white banner across the bottom of the image that appears when you mouse-over an image - it essentially crops the bottom of the image - and in your case removes much of the reflection; furthering the mystery of the image.

No matter, this is a wonderful image! As I said, a mind bender which means I’m perusing the image corner to corner trying to figure it out. Of course soon enough it becomes clear what this is… but the combination of light and color along with the reflection that really make this one stand out.

No nits or suggestions. Love this!

Lon

@Igor_Doncov , @Kris_Smith , @linda_mellor , @Diane_Miller , @David_Bostock , @Don_Jacobson , @David_Haynes . It was not my intention. But I am happy that my image draw your attention. A mind bender(Lon).
I knew what it was . My mind has to turn around now trying not to see the reflections. You can all come for kayaking or spend the day. It’s an open community park.
Thank you all for analyzing my work.

1 Like

Lon, Forgotten to include you in my answer to the others .I am ashamed ! I was just so happy to see you back here to give your highly valued comments.

Ben

I like your composition in this image. There is an element of mystery in the image in that it’s a little hard at times to tell where the trees end and the reflection begins. It’s a busy scene, but it works to my eye.

1 Like