WC# 871 - Close to Home

One of our resident osprey pairs with nearly-grown chicks last August. The nest is right offshore, and easily seen from our deck.
Sandy

Wonderful Sandy! The timing, exposure and poses are impeccable. And not an easy subject by any means.

I’ve had visions of the same kind of shot from our own “pet” ospreys nesting in our yard here in Florida. But we have lots bald eagles in the area. For three years now the eagles have waited till the ospreys were about to fledge before swooping in to nab them. Sad to see after watching them for weeks, but it’s nature. I’ve often wondered at the ospreys’ preference for nesting out in the open atop tall things.

1 Like

Great capture of them in flight and landing in the nest. Love shots like these. Most people don’t take the time to notice. Nicely compsosed as well Sandy. They are great to watch, and we have several nests in the area I live in as well.

A great action shot, Sandy, with the youngster’s adding a fine extra chapter to the story.

I know next to nothing about bird photography, but I sure am enjoying this image, Sandy. The poses of the two mature adults along with those of the chicks is outstanding. I particularly like the one coming in for a landing.

Excellent shot, Sandy. Every bird has just a bout a perfect head turn for the composition. Very well done.

This is really good Sandy… What a nice view to have and nice POV for the photo,
Chicks look great.