What Lies Beneath

… for lack of a better title. I think I’ve recycled this title in the past… Suggestions if you’re so inclined.

I think I’ll keep my comments to a minimum here and hopefully get comments and reactions without any influence. But for reference, of course this is a reflection on water - the Merced river and El Capitan, from my recent spring trip to the valley.

OH, and I want to thank @David_Kingham and NPN for providing the PS Action for adding a frame. Yeah, adding canvas to an image isn’t terribly difficult, but having the action available prompted me to give it a try. I added a little extra to the action as well… :slight_smile: Thanks David!

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all comments, reactions to this image. Both processing and general reaction, impressions.

Technical Details

Nikon 800E, Nikon 28-300mm, f/11 1/30th iso400, tripod

Wow, this is gorgeous, something I could stare at for hours looking for something else hidden down there. The balance between the reflections on the water and the plants visible underneath is perfect. Great title for this one as it helps me think there is something else hidden beneath the surface!

1 Like

This is a wonderful abstract Lon. I like the title too especially since I can see several different faces in the reflection and ripples.

I think this is visually delicious. I guess it is the balanced composition of quietly kinetic elements that makes me savor this image. Vertical dark lines interact with the slanting lines of grasses. The bright, somewhat bland upper part is a quiet balance to the rest. The small bulk of vegetation(?) breaking the water’s surface at the bottom gives a foundation that somehow balances the top third.