White-faced Ibis

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I always look forward to seeing a White-faced Ibis. Between their unusual look and their fine iridescent feathers, count me in for shooting them. D500, Nikon 2-500 lens, 1/6400th, f/7.1, ISO 1800, 500mm, hand held, cropped to 2138x 2385, AI Clear

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Superb job in bringing out the color. You did a wonderful job on the detail, composition, and environment. I like the open beak.

I’m not familiar with these, but you sure did a fine job taking this image which introduces me to the species. I can’t even imagine trying to hand hold a 500 mm lens, but you sure managed it well. Tact sharp!

That’s probably the best example of the Ibis’ iridescence that I’ve seen Dave. It’s utterly gorgeous. My personal preference would be to crop up considerably fro the bottom and maybe add a touch on the left. To my eye, the reflection doesn’t do justice to the main image, so I’d leave most of it out.