White Pelican

On a reservoir in Southern California

Specific Feedback Requested

Topaz labs has released a new version of DeNoise AI with a newly developed AI engine. In my opinion, the previous release with the older AI engine, worked better. Topaz does upgrade on a regular basis. I find this image to be a little noisier than I would like.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
iso 640, 400 plus 1.4X, f6.3, 3200th, 50% of full frame

1 Like

Very nice shot. Nice take-off pose with the legs extended. Good water splash. Having the grebes nearby gives a nice sense of how large the pelican is. Good detail in the pelican and I don’t really appreciate much in the way of noise.

Wonderful timing and ss! Looks like he’s launching into a long jump.

I’ve had the same impression about the newest DeNoise, although I wonder if the difference would ever show at web sizes.

Great action, David and I like the wing position. The grebes are a nice bonus, and the splash is great. I am seeing a bit of noise in the belly area, but nothing very objectionable. Did you try playing with the sliders or just go with the default in the new Denoise?

Hi David
The Loons give the Pelican, 2 points for takeoff, I for style and 3 for grace, we could be looking at a Gold Medal here. You have to love Pelican. Nice work.
Peter