White Tail Deer Winter Scene

![White Tail Deer Winter Scene ]

As she stopped and look straight at me it was a tender moment.

Specific Feedback Requested

I did crop it as the right side had the back end of another deer.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D500, Lens 5/6 - 500mm, ISO 1400, F9, 1/125 sec

Norma, this is a terrific image. I normally don’t like foliage in front of the subject, but those three stems point the viewer to the deer’s head. And the ears are up and pointing forward which is perfect. Nicely caught.

1 Like

Yes I see what you are saying. thanks for the input David.

Nice looking doe! Sometimes they’re so tolerant, others they run away like they’re on fire. With shots like this with the body sliced in two, I crop even closer. Especially with this one and the plants I think it’s a good idea. There’s crisp detail in that sweet face so I would also do some lightening around the eyes, especially the side in shadow. Not much, but a little. It’s a great moment.

Thank you Kristen, I do like the foliage in front as David mentioned point the viewer to the deer’s head and I also see them looking like antlers alittle giving the viewer another perspective. I have so many images of deer close-up and full body. I like this frame for other reasons. I agree the eye in the shadow could be lightened and I will try that. I do appreciate your great input and thank you for taking the time to assist me in better viewing ideas. Norma

1 Like

You have a great subject, who :blush: is listening to your shutter noise :blush:
You may rework with the composition