White-throated Sparrow

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

One of my nemesis birds. You know they’re around, you sometimes hear them, but I seem to rarely see one. This one came out in the open and gave me a nice look.

Specific Feedback

Any suggestions are always appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4TC at 420 mm; 1/1000 at f10, -1/3 EV; ISO 10,000

1 Like

Excellent, Allen. We rarely get these up this far. I had one come to my feeder setup a number of years ago and that’s it, though a friend told me he saw one last week.

Detail is superb and the perch works well.

1 Like

Very nice, with a lovely pose to show off the throat. I have never seen one!

The dark area in hte BG competes a little – might be easy to lighten it, and/or a crop from the right (maybe to just remove the small branch in the LR corner) could reduce its impact a little.

1 Like

Nice capture Allen. We have these birds in winter here but getting an isolated shot like this is tough to do. Nice details, pose, and exposure. Well done.

1 Like

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen one of these before so good of you to be able to capture one, perched in the open with a good pose. Good detail on this bird as well. If you can dodge that black hole in the background I think it would add to the image. I understand you may not be able to do that without it behaving nicely for you though so I get it.

1 Like