Whites Matter

When the first rays of light fall on the web. …and i thought that whites do matter in the frame…

6D2, 180 Tamron, ISO 800, f9, 1/200
Balan Vinod

Great diagonal composition here. Nice focus on the spider. The OOF bokeh is real pleasant in design and it’s location helps to balance and fill the frame’s space. This may not be to your intended presentation, but on a personal level, I wonder if there’s any way to lighten the bokeh in the upper right corner of the image and whether the color helps to build on the colors within the image further. Looks like there’s some greens in there and that would perhaps help augment the color theme of the image. The hotspot in the web (1 bright, the other dull & smaller) I’d be tempted to clone out as they complete with the smooth out of focus web. The shadow of the spider I see late, and it’s just at the edge of the frame. Would’ve been cool to include that, but then the primary subject would no longer be centered. Just blabbing here. Great macro shot…thanks for sharing!

Balan, this is a very nice macro shot. The focus on the spider is good. I like the composition of this image. I agree with Jim of possibly cloning out the one bright spot. Otherwise, a nice shot. Love that, even if it is faint, I can see the spider’s shadow looming large.

A very nice image. The depth of field distinguishes the foreground, midground, and background very nicely. This looks like an orchard spider, Leucauge sp., by the way; their webs are typically slanted 45 degrees or so.

Balan, I like how the spider is nicely colored while the rest of the view is black and white. The strong diagonal of the web works well.

Balan: Just excellent! I would make the bright spot go away and then print it large. Great DOF/POF choice as well. :+1::+1:>=))>