Who? Me?

I put up a beat up old hanging platform feeder with sunflower seeds for the birds this winter. The five deer that have been hanging out discovered it soon after and bent the hook that holds it down to a level that’s fairly comfortable for them. Now it’s a joint bird/deer feeder. I’d been hoping to get this shot after the first time I saw it, but I don’t have enough swing on my gimbal mount the way it’s set up to get on it, so I have to dismount my camera first. Yesterday I managed it.

The white background is snow.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything you might note.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Does this work?

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 200 mm, hand held, f/8, 1/400, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Straightened and cropped. Noise reduction with Topaz AI Clear.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hah! Funny - and nice image. Great detail, especially the eyes.
Deer seem to find a way to get to anything they want.
Our place looks like Attica, with all the deer fencing strung around.
The deer don’t need to be fed here - they thrive year around with all the greens , and i DON’T want them eating my succulents, roses, and strawberries. There is plenty of other stuff to munch.
S

Yeah. We have to fence in some of the stuff we really want as they do tend to hang around in the summer as well. However, having the fawns around makes up for a lot.

Lovely expression and great focus on the eyes!! Our “bird” feeders are bird/squirrel/deer feeders. Georgia brown thrashers, on the other hand, love cat food…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Very cute, great shot!
Grt, Ingrid.

Love this capture - really cute and the critical focus is spot on. well done.