Why are we standing here?

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

May 14 turned to out to be an active day at Rocky Neck State Park. This was the first time I saw numbers of Blues and Ospreys working the ponds the back of the Park. Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, -1.3Ev, 1/1600, ISO 640. The shot was cropped by 28% in DXO PhotoLab7.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Hi Peter, nice to get the two birds in one frame like this. Both are reasonably sharp with main focus on the bird to the left. F10 worked out well here. Exposure looks good. Makes me wonder what they are peering at.

Hi Allen
Thank you for the comment. Off to the right of these two Blues were one Osprey and two other Blue have a very hearty breakfast. It was a very active day in the Park.
Peter

Interesting to get two of these close together, Peter. Nice job getting the plane of focus to include both of them. I do like the composition.

Perfect POF to get both herons task-sharp. Also very neat to catch two, looking in the same direction - great profiles.
Everything about this is delightful - subjects, environment, processing.
Very nice work!

Hi Sandy
Thank you for your comment.
Peter