Widow Skimmer Dragonfly # 2

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Taken on 8/1/2019 with Canon 5DS-R, no technical information registered from camera or the file failed to transfer during hard drive operation. Minor adjustments in Photoshop including virgnetting . Also spent time in Photoshop cleaning up spots. May be the reason photo may seem unreal.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Looks good! You got some nice detail and clean BG immediately behind the DF.

Thanks Mark glad you like it.
Wayne

Wayne, this is a very nice capture of this Widow Skimmer. You have nice details throughout the DF, and a pleasingly smooth background behind him. The colors are nice and rich in him. Very nice.

Thanks Shirley , your comments are always helpful.
Wayne

1 Like

John Wayne: Looks real to me - real good! Looks like a perfect subject and the OOF leaves in the BG on the bottom add some nice interest for me. Top notch shot. >=))>

Wayne, this is a fine look at this Widow Skimmer, with it well isolated from the background. They are very hard to get isolated like this because they tend to perch on or near the ground.

Thanks Bill and Mark, I’ve been watching Keith Bauer’s presentation on hummingbirds this morning. The helpful comments and presentations such as Keith’s has had enormous impact on me and others on NPN. Thank you so much.
Wayne