Wine on the vine

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Richard, this is a very tasty looking cluster of grapes. The details and the mix of colors are excellent

Thank you Mark, I really love to shoot grapes and especially in the Fall.

Richard Small

Hi Richard, I hear N. California is wine country so no surprise we’re seeing some grape portraits here. The colors are really nice, showing the different stages of ripening. The lighting is really soft too and I like how you’ve filled the frame with the main subject. The horizontal branch running across the top makes a good frame for the bunch below. There’s an interesting face on the brown bark (?) lower right…I see two eyes and a pointy nose…must be a wine elf keeping watch on the crop :wink:. Thanks for sharing!

I like this a lot, Richard. You are superb at capturing the 3-D character of the grapes. My only nit in this one is the bright support that crosses behind the top of the bunch, which I find a bit distracting.

Richard: I especially like the varied colors here. I also see the “wine elf”. Nice catch and a fine capture. >=))>