Winter Iron Weed

There’s lots of New York Ironweed growing in a local “prairie”, with the seed heads showing a wide variety of conditions from full seeds to no seeds. In this case, I was attracted to the repeated shapes of the heads where almost all of the seeds had blown away. (R5, 180 mm macro, 1/200 s, f/9, iso 800, tripod, 14 shot stack)

4 Likes

Great look at this plant. I really like your processing, too. :+1:

What is not to love about this shot. I love it, Mark. The shades of browns and whites, against a nice complimentary BG really makes this shot for me. I also like the different levels of process in the seeding. A wonderful composition as well. Like I said, what not to love about this shot. I can’t think of a thing that would improve it.

1 Like

Mark: Another wonderful image from a stack master. I love the understated subject and the various stages of the blooms. Most excellent. >=))>

Really beautiful image, Mark. Love all the shades of brown, it looks like a sepia. Love the details in the dried up flowers too.

Nice one Mark! I really like the simplicity and the various brown tones throughout the image.

Like this image a lot, IMO deteriorated plants can be well as beautiful as perfect flowers. The pattern of flowers are great and I like a lot the color scheme where the color of the flowers harmonize well with the BG to give a calming effect. A very minor thing, but I would have preferred that the branch in the BG pointing towards the ULC not where visible. Well seen and photographed!