A Pair of Pipevines

These two are enjoying the native Ironweed in my yard.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM Zoom @ 150mm, f/6.7, 1/350 sec., ISO 1250. Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and cropping. Topaz De-noise applied.

1 Like

Super!! Great detail with perfect DOF and wonderful BG! The OOF FG parts of the flower work for me here, to soften the detail in the plant and reduce its potential to be a distracting element.

Thanks @Diane_Miller. I went back and forth on that FG OOF flower, so I’m glad to read your comments on that.

Wow, two for one, Terry! How cool is that. Very nice details in both butterflies. I like the square crop on this one. Very nice. I can’t think of anything to improve the image.

So agree with Shirley and Diane on this one, Terry. Good to hear you are getting lots of butterflies and opportunities to capture them. Nice done.

Your series of butterflies are wonderful, Terry.

Thanks @Shirley_Freeman. I was a little surprised with the aperture that wide open I was able to get both butterflies in good focus.

Thanks @linda_mellor. I think I’m getting quite a few butterflies because nothing else is blooming due to the extremely hot, dry weather we’ve had. Only where flower beds have been watered are there any blooms for the nectar-seeking critters.

Thanks @David_Bostock. As noted, I’ve been fortunate to see quite a number of butterflies this year.

2 Likes

Terry–Very nice getting these on iron weed. Awesome and congrats on the EP…Jim

Thanks for you comments @Jim_Zablotny. And thanks to @Shirley_Freeman for the EP!

1 Like

Very interesting variations between the two - a male and female? A beautiful shot, Terry, especially at that aperture!

1 Like