Winter Worthington

This is an old stitched image of Worthington Glacier, near Valdez, Alaska. I shot 3 vertical rows of 10 horizontal photos and stitched them with Autopano Pro. I t was taken in 2006 with a 5 megapixel camera (Sony DSCF707).

This is a 100% crop out of the right third. You can see that there is a helicopter in the scene!

Gary, the original is a great winter scene. I especially like the two leading lines from the stream, including the tracks. I could see cropping about 1/4 off the left to avoid the trailing away of the mountains, but this does look great as presented in the larger version where the blues and the whites really pop. Even at 100%, it took some looking to spot the chopper in the zoomed version. :grin: As with all of your other huge panos, this one has great presence.

A wonderful sense of depth and great leading lines, Gary.

Whoa, that has to be one big file Gary. The blues and whites work well together and I like the tracks leading from the stream in the middle of the frame. You also did an excellent job of retaining details in the snow. I like Mark’s crop suggestion although this is nice as is.