Wintering Bluebirds 2021

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was looking for a wintering hummingbird image for a project and had completely forgotten about this assemblage of Western Bluebirds taken the same day. I had to take a shot at processing it.

Specific Feedback

I was trying to make the bluebirds pop while maintaining the snowstorm feel of the general image. Did it work? If not, what might I do differently?

Technical Details

Sony A7Riv, Tamron 28-200 @ 177 mm, hand held, f/13, 1/80, iso 2500, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC.

1 Like

You succeeded!! That’s quite an assemblage and the poor little things look cold! I love the two bookends!

What a beautifull picture! I like the wintercold colors, you can feel the cold! The birds are sitting very close to each other to look for a little bit warmth. The grid of the fench in for and background is cool, nice found.
Have you tryed to crop above ? That gives the picture a panoramic format that strengthenedthe line of the birds.

Dennis, so glad you processed this and posted. It’s a terrific image of a very cold scene and a habit that birds often do to stay warm. Great scene, thanks for sharing.

Thank you, Henny. I hadn’t though of the pano crop and it’s a good idea.