Winter's Dream Edit

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I often find it difficult to find and photograph winter compositions. This one captured me as I took a morning walk during a snow storm. The light was flat and I enjoyed the feeling of being out in the cold pretty much by myself to just enjoy the scene.

Specific Feedback

Any and all feedback welcome.

Technical Details

Shot with a Z7ii, ISO 400, @75mm, f6.0, 1/320. I mainly softened the blacks, a little dehaze, to soften the contrast. I liked the more painterly feel.

3 Likes

Nice painterly feel that goes well with the snowy day. I get a sense of peace and calm. I like the subtle colors in the grasses and trucks too. The only possible nit is that I find the straight lines of the roof of the building in the back right a bit distracting from the otherwise natural scene. I don’t know how to address that though…

Thank you Cathy for your comments. The little picnic shelter was bothering me too, but I wasn’t sure how to address it. Thank you for pointing it out, as it was a much easier fix than I expected. Remove tool in photoshop. Thanks again.

Wow, removal tool! That did an great job. I like it even better now. Feels more balanced too.

This is exceptional Claudia. I love the understated painted feeling of this one. Nice job with the removal tool, although it really didn’t bother me one bit. Shelter in the storm? Beautiful!

Thank you Ed for your kind words. I also really like the title you chose for the original. Thanks again

This is stunningly gorgeous!! You captured a lovely composition of the trees and the snow makes it fantastic – both the falling snow and the snowy ground!! A wonderful job removing the roof – took it from a 10/10 to an 11/10!

Thank you so much for the kind comments Diane, I have learned so much from reading your comments on my posts and so many others. Thanks again.

Oh, this is just gorgeous! Very nicely composed. I love that color palette of soft browns and white.

Thank you so much Bonnie.