Wintry Fall + Repost

We often associate fall colors with beautiful warm and vibrant scenes. In the Canadian Rockies it is not uncommon to be stormy, cold and snow with some yellow hues.

Curious to know how the image made you feel? and if you have any suggestions for improvements of course fire away :slight_smile:

updated crop based on feedback:

1 Like

Aref, yes springtime (and fall) in the Rockies often bring highly mixed weather. This is a fine take on fall and falling snow. That bit of yellow (presumably Aspen) sets off the rest of the scene well. Your crop does a good job of emphasizing the tall white tree trunks. The grass and shrubs at the bottom complete the scene well.

I see you selected an old tag (a common error in the WC since there’s no good way to remove the previous challenge tags). I’ve changed to the current week’s challenge. That helps me make my weekly editor’s pick.

2 Likes

This one has a great dreamy feel to it and is a fine look at the last gasp of autumn. Well done.

Aref,
While I like this as posted the bright sky does catch my eye a bit and detracts a little from all the wonderful stuff below it. This has some nice layering and the vertical lines of the tree trunks take the viewer to the vibrant yellows of the aspen leaves. I think a crop from the right, left and top to make this a vertical would strengthen this lovely image. Here is a repost with what I am thinking.

Thanks @Mark_Seaver first time participating in these challenges so i was not sure.
@Ed_Lowe man I love your crop. I agree the sky is not doing much to the scene, but now i am torn between your crop and a square crop without the sky. I will ponder it for a bit today.

I thought about the crop long and hard. I finally updated it…take a look and let me know what you think

Aref: I definitely like both crops that eliminate the sky. Ed’s is more conventional and is indeed pleasing. On your square crop the FG grasses play a more prominent role and I like that as well. Top notch shot. >=))>
PS: I edited your title to reflect the repost. It’s always good to do this so that others will know to revisit the image.

1 Like

Thanks Bill for the comment and the update