Wood Duck 2

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Wood Duck at McClain Creek

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

200-600 @ 600 mm iso 2000, f9, 1250th, sony A1

1 Like

Welcome back, David. I’m so glad you’re able to get out and shoot again. Once you get your hand back in at processing I could see subduing some of the brighter background elements, but the Wood Duck is just plain awesome.

Terrific pose of a beautiful bird, David. Those colors are really popping. I could see a slight crop off the bottom to remove everything below the grass including the partial leg reflection and as @Dennis_Plank mentioned, toning some of the highlights down. Glad to see you back and posting.

Welcome back @David_Schoen, what a beautiful duck!

Hi David, so nice to see you posting again. Beautiful rendition of this male with great colors. I’m with David in removing the leg reflection in some way. Nice environmental image too. Nice frame.

Beautiful image of a Wood Duck-the colors really pop. I could see cropping to remove the leg reflection.

here is repost

1 Like

David, the repost is a significant improvement. The detail in the feathers is nice and sharp. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Nice job subduing the background in the repost, David.

The duck really pops in the repost.

A cleaner background would make the bird pop even more. Lively Wood Duck, nice and sharp.