Woody Visit

I snagged some pileated woodpecker shots this morning out in the backyard. Here’s one I liked.

Specific Feedback Requested

Cropping? Background?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-500 lens, monopod, 1/1600th, f 80, 465mm, ISO 1800, cropped to 2361 x 2444, Photo AI

1 Like

Love the colours! So vibrant. And the details in the bird are wonderful. The background is good as the blue catches my eye and the branches are out of focus yet show at the birds environment.

The cropping is very creative with the diagonal effect as there is a lot of detail in the tree as well. Different than anything I have seen before.

My favorite woodpecker and a rare opportunity to catch one too. Great shot, Dave.

Fantastic capture, Dave. Love the angle of the tree and the beautiful brilliant colors.

Nice colors and detail on this impressive woodpecker. I like the diagonal composition also. The angle is quite steep but we get a view of where these beauties frequent.

I didn’t mention it but that is the actual angle of that tree branch. No human intervention. I feel real fortunate to get to see this guy come in daily. I keep hoping to get a nice, clean inflight shot of him. Fingers crossed.

It’s a lovely shot of this great bird, David. If I were to be very fussy, I’d clone out that bright yellow leaf between rump and trunk. But I’d love to see this bird! Well taken indeed.

1 Like

Good suggestion. It does look a bit like he just laid a golden egg… Thanks.

1 Like