1/200 sec, f/8
Mode: Av
Metering: Multi-segment
Exp comp: +1
ISO: 1600
White balance: Auto
Flash: Off

1 Like

Sandy, a gorgeous avian image. Lovely color combination too. Quite penguin tuxedo look going on there…:+1:

Another beauty! Absolutely no suggestions for improvements.

Another beautiful image, Sandy. I’ve seen quite a few of these, but never managed to get close. You got that wonderful eye very well.

The background is amazing and you have handled the blacks and whites really well. And the splash of red is amazing.

Good stuff, Sandy. I really like how the colors of the bird stand out against the muted perch and BG, and the soft light is great. I think it would also work well with a hair more room up top.

Thanks, Bill

This is a really amazing image Sandy. I’ve never seen the species quite beautiful and you capture that superbly. One could not ask for a more simple unobtrusive background or perch. And you got good eye contact. In my estimation this is a really really nice post.

Bird and background look great. Exposure is spot on. I like the perch, but I don’t love the broken-off branch the the left of the bird or the missing piece right beneath the bird’s feet. Would love to photograph these guys sometime.

This is simply wonderful, Sandy. The colors, the BG, the pose - all very nice and complementing. I do like the repost even a bit better, but the original works fine for me as well. You can be happy/proud with this one I think ! Cheers, Hans

Repost is perfect. I like this one a lot and have no nits. Well done…Jim