Wooly Bear

Photo was taken last month on a wet and breezy day. I am not sure who the color coordinated friend is. Looks like a spider.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

5DIV, 100mm, f/4, 1/125, ISO 1600, cropped to 87% of full size.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

David, I love this image. You captured really nice details in the wooly and the the droplets on him. I’m debating (since the spider) is out of focus, if it would be best to crop more of a pano, leaving the spider out of it, and keeping the eye on the nice sharp and colorful subject. I was just looking at the thumbnail size while typing this, and when I scroll to where it appears more of a pano, it looks better to me that keeping the format that you have here. Just a thought. I might would darken the brighter foliage especially on the right. This is an excellent image.

David: Terrific subject. Love the colors and details. I agree pretty much with Shirley’s comments. Just for fun I made the spider(?) go away, cropped a little tighter and added a vignette to the corners. Back to you. >=))>

2 Likes

Love the detail in the caterpillar and the water droplets David. Also like the way @Bill_Fach has cropped and added the slight vignette. nicely seen.

Looks great Bill. I wish i had done that. And thanks Shirley and Linda for commenting. Every bit helps.

David, the details in the wooly bear and drops look great. I also like your comp. I do agree that burning in the brightest areas would better focus interest on the cat. Bill’s vignette is one way to approach that idea.