Yaquina Head Lighthouse w/Repost

Repost with level horizon:

Original:

This is one of my favorite images of this light house because of the blue sky, low angle of the sun, and the circle of clouds. Taken about 2pm in September so the light was relatively low.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5DS R, Zeiss Milvus 35mm 1.4, 1/125 sec @ f/8, ISO 100

4 Likes

I love this David. The pathway leading to the lighthouse works to lead the eye and even better is the circle of clouds above the lighthouse in that perfect blue sky. My only suggestion would be to level the horizon with a CW rotation. I don’t know if that would make the lighthouse lean but the waterline is definitely not flat. Small nit though. Really liking this one.

Good one. I would second David’s recommendation on the rotation, but otherwise, everything works for my eye. The split path really works well, especially with the way you used it in the image.

Thank you @David_Haynes and @Harley_Goldman for your comments. I think I was so focused on making sure the lighthouse was straight that I missed the horizon level completely. Repost done up above. Thanks again.

Lovely view of this iconic lighthouse, with a very nice swirl of clouds around the light.

My first impression in the thumbnail was that the lighthouse was leaning, without being able to see enough of the horizon to tell about it – fixed in the RP.

1 Like