Yaquina Classic

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

One of my goals for my Oregon coast trip was to shoot some of the lighthouses from the ocean side with my drone. Of course when one is on vacation you have to take whatever conditions are available and hope for the best. On this morning I think I hit the trifecta of good sea action, really nice light and light winds. I thought this the best of many images from this vantage point. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

DJI Mini 3 Pro
ISO 130, 1/100 @ f1.7, 3 stop ND/CPL

1 Like

Hi Bill,
I like your seascape image, and there’s really some nice action in the water. Also, I can see some nice haze in the background (that I personally would strengthen even more, because eI love atmosphere!). Maybe the sky can be more dramatic. It looks a bit soft to me. Otherwise very nice!

I think it’s the design of the foam on the sea that is most appealing here. They make for a wonderful composition. The colors and light are very natural. If you had a mind to do so you could play with color cast and colors in general to suggest mood.

Bill, a truly wonderful look at this scene. To be honest, I’m not sure I’ve seen images from this exact spot and the overall angle of view. I like it as presented, but as always post processing changes & ideas are open forever as we all know… :sunglasses:

I still have fond memories of when I had the opportunity to shoot this lighthouse a few years back but this perspective is quite something. It really shows off the ruggedness and the wildness of the Oregon coast. Wonderful work Bill!

Bill, this looks great! The mix of white foam, green water, rugged rocks and a bit of blue sky all come together very well.

Oh Bill, this is really nice. Love the rough waters in conjunction with the lighthouse that is there to protect the ships from those rocks in the raging waters. I bought the same drone for my sister-in-law (who is a farmer) to check her fields from the air and not have to walk way out into them to see if it is a weeds she is seeing from a distance. It really has worked great for her. She offered me to take it with me to Chincoteague NWR (I’m sure it would be great) but I declined. I got it for her to use. Also I don’t have much time out there before I need to leave (Ken just sits in the car while I am photographing) so I wouldn’t have a lot of time to use it even if I knew what I was doing. Maybe sometime in the future we might get one too. Excellent view, I am enjoying it.